It is an exciting time in the college advisement department at Providence Academy! Our office supports and counsels throughout each student’s high school career, paving the way for success in college and in life. We serve as a valuable source of information, resources, and opportunities for our students. There are many avenues through which we assist students with college and vocational planning:
- Academic Counseling - This component begins even before students enter high school. Educational sessions are provided for parents and students to learn which courses and activities help build a distinct high school resume. Academic course selection is tailored to a student’s strengths, interests, and future plans.
- Test Prep - Strategies and resources for ACT and SAT test preparation are supplied that conform with changing trends in standardized testing.
- Job Shadow Program - Students in grades 10-12 are given the opportunity to be matched with participating hosts from a variety of career professionals in Northwest Arkansas. Students receive either full-day or half-day job shadow assignments according to areas of interest.
- College Nights - Focused, informative sessions are designed to educate and inspire students and parents to make the most of college planning. Guest speakers and college representatives provide insight into the admissions and selection process.
- Senior Seminar - Seniors are invited to enroll in a class designed specifically for them!
Lessons include senior-specific topics such as selecting and applying to colleges, preparing an attractive high school resume, writing an attention-grabbing college essay, searching for and applying for scholarships, deciding on a college major or field of study, and being successful in college.
All of these features are enveloped within the caring community of faculty, staff, and student body that is a consistent hallmark of Providence Academy.
It is a great day to be a Patriot!