Providence Classical Christian Academy (PCCA) offers educational and cultural experiences for secondary school students who wish to live and study in the United States.
Providence Academy is a Christian, college preparatory high school with an engaging and challenging academic program. PCCA develops students who have the ability to learn independently, to analyze logically, to think critically, and to communicate clearly. The college of faculty consists exclusively of avid Christian believers that do more than instruct; they inspire godly character.
International students are selected based on their academic record, English proficiency, maturity, character, and teacher recommendations. Providence has educated students from South Korea, China, Japan, Lithuania, and Nigeria.
Whether your goal is to attend an American high school all four years, prepare for U.S. college or university, experience the American culture firsthand, or improve your English, Providence Academy invites you to explore the possibilities of an international education that will prepare you to live and work in a global environment. Where applicable, graduation requirements are the same for international students as for national students.
Please to contact our International Program Director, Sandra Shell, at email@example.com for more information.
"My experience here is very important to me right now and for all life. I am very thankful for you to help me, for you to care for me. In PCCA, people and teachers are very friendly and helpful. I have a good opportunity here with basketball and school, and I want to prepare for my life and try to succeed at my goal."
"I am so glad I could come to Providence. I remember my first day at Providence. I was so nervous, but the girls from my class came and waited at the front desk for me. They all were so nice. I love them so much...
I can say I enjoy a lot at Providence this year because of my host families help, teacher’s help, friend’s help and their parents. With my host family I could learn the American culture and their living. Sometimes it’s different from Japan. Sometimes I felt homesick, but everybody’s smile helped me a lot.
I don’t expect more than this.
I just felt God’s grace everyday through the people. I love Providence so much. I really thank God that I could meet the people. I am so glad next year that other foreign exchange students can come to Providence. I can’t meet them but I’m sure they will enjoy it a lot."
International Student Support
- Each international student is paired with a Providence student Friend who greets students on their first day, introduces them to other students and teachers, answers questions, and aids to help international students adjust to their new environment.
- If needed, an ESL teacher directs students in English language acquisition skills and also aids students in their cultural adaptation.
- The International Program Director works directly with international students to provide support for a successful experience. The Director also offers orientation and assistance to host families and teachers.
- Students will have a carefully selected, nurturing host family with a desire to welcome the student into their family.
- PCCA offers pertinent classes with teachers who challenge students to express creativity, think critically, discern truth, and choose wisely.
- International students have many opportunities to share their culture and language with the Providence community.
- Students may survey their individual talents through athletics, fine arts, musical theater, and music.
Admissions Process for International Students
The Providence Academy International Program accepts students working with agencies as well as direct placement students. To begin the application process, please complete and return the following forms included in the application packet.
- Signed Statement of Faith
- Signed Acceptance Conditions
- Student Questionnaire
- Technology Use Student Contract
Additional items to be attached:
- $500 of the International Fee
- Copy of Passport
- TOEFL or iTEP Slate Plus
- Parent Letter
- Official Transcript and English Translation of Academic Transcript
- Medical Information Form and Record of Immunizations
- Permissions Form
Upon receipt of the above forms and fee, the International Program Director will send for the Teacher Recommendations and Character Reference. Once all of these materials have been received and reviewed, the Director will schedule a Skype interview with the student.
Please note that your application and nonrefundable enrollment fee reserve a place for your student; however, they are not officially enrolled until the process is completed and you have received a letter of acceptance.
The International Program Director is pleased to answer any questions you may have about PCCA and the International Program. We look forward to hearing from you and working with you through the enrollment process. Please to contact Sandra Shell at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Providence offers an all inclusive fee of $21,000 a year. The fee includes tuition, homestay, books, uniforms, health insurance, limited extracurricular activities, and school memorabilia.